FAQ & Statistics
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a professional organizer?
A professional organizer is an individual who uses their expertise in organization to improve the lives of others. They teach organizing skills while developing custom strategies and organizational systems for their clients to help them maintain the clutter free and calm environment for the long term.
How can a professional organizer help me?
Whether you are completely overwhelmed with clutter and disorganization or just need help with a one-time organization project, such as a garage or junk room, a professional organizer will give you an objective perspective while walking through the process of organizing with you. Because organization is a process a professional can help you assess your specific situation and guide you through the process step by step. Thus alleviating that overwhelmed feeling or the lack of motivation to start the project.
- Nearly 1/4 of all adults say they pay bills late (and thus incur fees) because they lose them.
- The average American woman spends 55 minutes nearly everyday looking for things
- It costs an average of $10 per square foot to store items in your home.
- So called "crisis purchases" or fees related to disorganization can cost as much as 20% of your annual budget including buying duplicates of misplaced or broken items, last minute shopping at higher prices, and extra interest and finance charges.
- Realtors regard "first impression" improvements such as de-cluttering closets to be one of the best ways to speed the sale of a home and fetch a better price.
- On average about 80% of a home's clutter is a result of disorganization and not a lack of space.
Did you know?
Organizing Statistics from NAPO
How long will the organization process take?
This is one of those questions that requires an answer that I personally do not like to receive to my own inquiries. And that is; "it all depends". Every home and situation is different. Organize by Suzan will come to your home and give you a complimentary assessment to evaluate your specific needs and to help you determine your organizational goals. But, we will not really know how long the organizational process will take until we begin to work together. However, we will work as fast as you can make decisions and will do everything we can to keep the project on task and help you achieve your goals as quickly as possible. We recommend scheduling working sessions in blocks of 3 to 4 hours. After the initial working session we generally have an indication of how quickly we can progress.
How much does it cost?
Like most professional organizers, Organize by Suzan charges by the hour. The initial consultation is free and a discounted rate is offered for the fourth hour when a four hour working session is booked. And ask about our referral plan. Our goal is to help you achieve maintainable changes to your home and life ultimately saving you time and money. All fees and expenses will be reviewed and agreed upon before any work is started. Payment is due at the end of each working session.
I am embarrassed to have you or anyone come into my home. Should I pick up before the initial consultation?
No need to; it is best for us to see your home just as it is so we can better assess your situation. Please remember, it is our desire to help you, not judge you. We keep strict client/organizer confidentiality and abide by the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) code of ethics.